The Supervisor and Line Management Skills Development Programme (IGNITE) assists participants in establishing their role, the skills required and attributes necessary to guarantee a successful career.
7 full day sessions delivered across 5 months.
Experts in their field
Resources & Materials
Our IGNITE™ programme is a long established, successful, EU award winning training programme to build the competencies of supervisors, 1st line and middle managers. Tailor designed for each client organisation and participant group, the IGNITE™ programme has consistently met its primary objective: To improve the performance of the organisation through improving the performance of people.
Programmes specifications can reflect sector-specific requirements and include elements delivered by industry
experts or client personnel, as may be appropriate.
IGNITE™ is one of three programmes delivered by Optimum Results which are classified by the EU’s Training
Foundation (ETF) “International Best Practice Programme” and participants who produce an appropriate learning output can be awarded an ETF “Certificate in Line Management Practice”.
Middle and Line Managers of all industries and sectors, who are responsible for a team.
Each IGNITE™ programme is tailored to suit client’s training needs, budget and work schedules. Course content and key areas of emphasis are agreed prior to the programme commencing.
As well as learning the essentials of a wide range of business subjects, participants build management confidence, thinking, problem solving, productivity, communication, innovation and management competencies.
The Programme will be delivered using a mix of methods which have been tried and tested by the delivery team over the past ten years. These include:
- Delivery via Zoom or another suitable platform. Optimum Results Ltd has developed the capability to deliver highly effective training interventions and have been able to use the full functionality of Zoom/ Microsoft Teams to enhance the experience for Participants. Confidentiality can be maintained using individual Breakout Rooms where Participants can talk on a one-to-one basis with the Trainer as required
- On-site Delivery at your business premises or at our state-of-the-art training rooms
This training programme typically consists of a 7 Day Management Skills Programme delivered over 5 months.
Typically, six or seven full day workshops (or 12/14 half days) are spread over six months to minimise work disruption to the business and optimise learning / change implementation.
This programme is fully designed to meet each Clients requirements. Modules covered include:
Understanding & Managing Self
– Programme Overview and Objectives
– The Supervisors’ and Managers’ role
– Leadership & Management Profiles
– Key Skills of Supervisors & line Managers
– Managing Time & Stress
– Problem Solving
– Personal Development, Thinking, Disposition and Attitude
Management & Leadership
– Understanding everyone’s Roles and Responsibilities
– When to Manage and When to Lead Effective Delegation
– Effective Communication
– The power of Workplace and organisation culture
– Communicating with Staff
Managing & Developing People
– Personality types and their effect on relationship building
– Managing underperformers and difficult people
– Communication & critical conversations
– Competencies: Knowledge, skills, attitudes & behaviours
– Motivating for performance, Giving & receiving feedback
– Identifying needs and agreeing actions / change & development
– Understanding the principles of Performance Management
– Essential elements of labour law (equality, harassment bullying etc)
Internal & External Customer
– Who are our Customers (Internal & External)?
– My role in the Customer Experience
– The foundation stones of Marketing
– What is our Competitive Advantage? / USP?
– Adding Value and Superior Performance
– How does our customer define Quality, Reliability, Service & Value
– Customer Care and Relationships Management
Understanding Costs, Budgets and Finance
– Your role in managing costs
– Elements of Lean
– Undertaking a cost reduction audit
– Understanding efficiency and the impact on performance
– Identification and eradication of waste
– Impact of mistakes and reworking on the financial performance of the business
– Cost management case study
– Our cost reduction plan
Problem-Solving, Decision Making & Innovation
– Problems, Solutions and Process
– Problems we Experience and How they Arise
– One-Off and Repetitive Problems
– Becoming Informed and Clearly Define the Problem
– Lean Enterprise Techniques
– Innovation & Creativity
– Creating and Innovative environment
– Special Projects and Project Management
Personal Development, Positivity & The Work Environment
– Personal Development, Thinking, Disposition and Attitude
– Tracking & Monitoring Progress to Success
– Conclude Work Based Assignments and tips for presentation (if applicable)
Request a proposal for the IGNITE Supervisor Line Management Skills Development Programme.
The IGNITE Programme FAQs
Optimum Results have been delivering bespoke training programmes and customised mentoring solutions to our clients both domestically and internationally since 1995. We are thrilled to have fantastic case studies and testimonials to showcase our work over the years.
We also pride ourselves in our quality of training content and delivery, and as such, we offer a satisfaction guarantee to our clients.
The fantastic thing about all our programmes, is that they are completely customised to meet your specific objectives. Our Programmes can have extremely positive effects on your organisation, from getting a plan of action together, to getting you out of a rut, do helping your team get across that ‘hump’ that they are struggling with.
We can bridge that skills gap that you currently have, and empower your team, by providing them with the essential advice and support that they need.
Absolutely. All our sessions start with learning your objectives, and tailoring the session to meet these objectives.
Contact us today through the form below, or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 042 93 33033.
Contact us today to discuss our pricing and payment options available.
We have a dedicated helpdesk for all our mentoring sessions and training programmes. Our friendly team are always on hand to answer your questions and provide you with any additional support you may need.
Absolutely. Our range of delivery options ensures we can safely deliver all training programmes and mentoring sessions remotely, and just as effectively.